14 July, 2011

Time out with fish soup

It is time to time out. I´ve been unplugged for 2 weeks now and slowly catching up with my life again.
My boys and I have been up north visiting my mom & dad. 
We have left computers and cells at home. 
No internet for 11 days and it felt GOOD.
Boys slowly got the feeling of taking life slow. Sleeping in the mornings, late breakfast(lunch actually)
fishing with grandpa and uncle. Kicking durt, playing some soccer, getting to know little cusins and play with them. Sun bathing( no bathing in the sea- too cold).
Eating the fish we cought, drinking some cold local beer and just RELAXED.

Midnight sun- sun hids behind the mountains of the island Tomma
How can one sleep when such beatiful nights appears.
Here´s the little guy doing his best catching anything.
It was a   bit slow, But some decent cod was cought.
Back south again it´s strawberry sesion  and we picked 14 kg.
Alot is in the freezer for some winter snack, but we will get some more tomorrow. At least the same amount. 
Mmmmm Jummy... 
I also made the most delicious fish-soup I´ve ever made. 
( If I must say so my self..........;) 
I will share my receipe, but be aware that it is measured in the metric system : liter, dl / grams....
Google a translater for the metric to cups/ ounzes and you will be good.
No pic. of this dish , but next time I  make it I make sure to get a shot of it before it ends up in our stomacks.

Fish soup from Nothern Norway.
amount is for 4 persons.

1 medium size carrot
1 medium sized onion
2 slices of ce´leriac
1 small leek
50 gr. butter
5 tbl.spoons of flour
1 liter of fish stock
1½ dl. of chicken stock
½ dl orange juice
1 tbl.spoon of juice from pickles
1dl. of cream
1dl. of sour cream
400 gr. of fish ( Cod is good- I used Monkfish which is sooooooooo good.
 Have the same texture as crabbs or lobster)
I added some shrimps as well 
salt and pepper.

Clean and cut the vegetables in small cuts. Add butter to your pan, add your veggies,( exept the leek) and fry for 2-3 min.
Add the flour and mix well.
Add fish stock & chicken stock. Let it boil and turn the heat down and let it stay on heat for 10- 15 minutes.
( I blended the veggies in the stock for  a more creamy texture) 
Add cream & sour cream, pickle juice & orange juice. 
Add salt and pepper.
At the end you add your fish , shrimps and leek. Both fine cuts.
Let the fish cook for some 5 minutes or so and serve with freshly made bread .
This is easy to make the day before and just add the fish just before guest arrives.

Ejoy your summer days.



1 comment:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Oh such a beautiful post ! The photos are gorgeous and I love the one of your son. Thank you for the recipe. I have not had fish soup in years. I vow to try this recipe this year. Wonderful !