I knitted slippers. Out of wool from my stash. I added buttons as deco. The pink is a purchase at Michaels Paramus, NJ. Superb for felting.
The pattern is in Norwegian.
I casted on 32 st.
1row: knit 8 st. purl 16 st. knit 8 st.
2row: knit all stitches.
3row: repeat row 1 & 2. until You have knitted 44 rows
Then split the stitches on 4 dbl.pointed needles- 8 on each needle.
knit 12 rows.
then decrease 1 stitch on each needle ( 4 of them)
Do this until there is 2 st. left on each needle ( 8 st. total)
Pull yarn through.
Sew the edge on heal together and in front / top of slipper: Where you did put dbl.pointed needles on your project and aprox 8 rows towards the ancle- so that the "hole" you put your foot in get smaller.
Felt in w.machine - 40 celcius+ and medium to high spinn.
Thats it!! Good luck.
We did a Ikea trip last saturday. To exchange a frying pan. There is a warranty of 5 years of the stuff you buy at Ikea and a friying pan does not hold up for 5 years- therefor we go there after a year or so to exchange the used ( the teflon is all ripped off) one, to a new one.
It works out well. Both for us and Ikea. We get a new pan ( and lots of other stuff too, because we get temted of all the new stuff ) and Ikea earns some extra money that day.
It is impossible to go in there and ONLY exchange the pan and get out. Impossible!!
This time we got some candles, napkins , bed sheats and two cute trays.
Today I had a treatment of reflexology ( my sister practice) trying to cure a bad hip, some back issues, hormones( the missing ones ;) and i general getting rid of stuff my body holds on to.
Sounds horrible , but really - it´s not.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Norway "Arne & Carlos" is pretty famous knitdesigners.
You may know them by the knitted Christmas ornaments.
They wrote a book about making dolls as well- and now a Easter ornamental book.
Cute it is. And little rabitts as well.
I´m going away for Easter. A trip home to mom and dad.
I packed yarn in different colors and the book.
I packed sockyarn as well- and all I need now is to get the needles right and a pattern or two for socks.
Have a nice week ( whats left of it)
Goodnight.
4 comments:
I am in love with your bird trays. I have to drive more than 2 hours to get to an IKEA, so I don't get there very often.
The book looks cute. I wish I could knit Norwegian!
Gosh your photographs are beautiful ! I love the slippers. Adding buttons to things make them really cute ! Luv the trays, want the scissors ! Hmmmm, I've been in Georgia close to five years now and haven't been to the Ikea near Atlanta yet. I must do this soon !
Safe trip Beate! (and had to laugh at your comment about Ikea).
Carolyn: Ikea is an adventure ;) you need plenty of time to get through the store..... and patience. Try it.
Cybèle: Ikea is good but also a nightmare and I rather not go there that often. Okey price and okey quality.
Caffein girl: I love that tray as well- Soooo cute. My guess is that Arne and CArlos will be translated soon.
Post a Comment