Easter has arrived. The next week will be spendt on a island on the coast of Helgeland, outside Mo i Rana in Nothern Norway.
The family cabin is the target. This is where prefer to be when I`m visiting my parents.
With the kids there is alot to do around here( fishing, hiking in the fealds or a mountain to climb)
Lots of frehs air and a cabin with all what one need of modern comfort.
The weather yesterday was mix of good and snow!!! A little hard to handle since there is NO snow in the Oslo area and SPRING.
This is the view from a mountain peak- The Atlantic Sea with Lovund far our on the right.
A ferry ride of 10 min. ahead . We are almost there.
Local workers at the ferry knows how to combine work , duty and stocking dryfish.
This is cod hung up to dry. I would love to get my fingers on 4 or 5 of them.
Dried cod is the best snack ever- to be washed down with a artic beer or two.
One of the old houses on the island that has been re-done. "Toften gård" it is called. This type of house is very typical for this nothern part.
My aunts house ( 99 y.o in three days!!! mentally young as a spring chicken, physically not bad either. Lives alone and do almost everything her self- I believe we have strong fishemans wives geens in our blood. )
Not re- modelled. My cousins daughter live now bringing up a little smart boy at 4yo.
This barn is going down. It´s been there "forever" - only it´s kneeling more and more each time I visit.
This was a "summer- barn" for the kettle that once used to graze here.
Beautiful in it´s own way.
The sun did not hold for long!!
SNOW! IVH!!
Between the showers we saw blue , blue sky.
The weather is changing all the time and with the view straight out to the Atlantic Sea we can keep an eye on what´s coming in.
I did a walk around 8.30 pm. A moment of quiet between showers and the landscape totally changes.
Here the boathouses. I will post more picuters of my walk later.
Being Easter and all we´ve been decorating the cabin with chickens, daffodills and yellow candles.
My mom is pretty organiced person and has plenty stashed away .
The last chickens or hens is knitted.
This one reminds me of chicken farm , the movie.
Happy Palmsunday you all.
I will retire to the coach with my knitting and easter candy.
Will post about my knitting as well later.
2 comments:
Good day to you ! Your photos are beautiful and postcard worthy, even the one of you with the blue shawl ! Lovely. I am in love with photo #9. The cloud formation made my mouth drop open and I forget sometimes how different the sky can look in different parts of the world. Beautiful ! -- The Spring socks are so cute ! I must purchase a colorway similar to that to brighten my day. My daughter and her friends (particularly the friends from Africa) are fans of the dried Cod. They let it simmer in water for hours on low heat and make wonderful fish stews out of it ! -- Yes, I can see how the barn is lowering on one side ! What can be done about that. Has this taken decades or was it a short amount of time for it to sink ? Also, Happy Birthday to your Aunt and continue to enjoy your visit !
Hi Carolyn.Thanks alot for your kind remarks of my photos. The sky formation shifts so fast I could just sit here with my camera ;) The barn is old. OLD and nothing will be done with it. That is ok though- reminds us of earlier days with hard work with the animals on this island. And I do enjoy my stay.
Post a Comment