02 April, 2012

Easter 2

Easter knitting. This is from the book Arne & Carlos I told you about a few posts ago.
A knitted easter egg with a outhouse on. Suitable for easter since som many of fellow landsmen  is spending a week at an old cabin with no modern facilities.
It turned out cute. It needs some stuffing. 
 Two pairs of socks is off the needles.  Yarn from stash. Very old yarn. 
In fact I don´t know if they make it anymore. I doubt it. 
It is called Bingo and was given to my when my mom cleaned some cabinets years ago and decided that this yarn is history in her house. I could not say no to yarn and brought it with me to Denmark. 
Then it came along while we lived in NJ, and then back agian to Denmark. Now it has ended its day as a project  knitted in Nother Norway.So It came "home " again, sort of speak . Not very envirementally, with its long travels around the earth ;) Probably the only yarn to be transported so many miles just to be returned  to the starting point. 
 I feel good about making a project out of it anyway.
I also made slippers #2.
Yellow Peer Gynt yarn. This yarn made the same trip as the Bingo : o
Oh dear....come to think of it - lots of my yarn made that trip back and forth.
 This pair is decorated with a swirl . I will leave this slippers behind here. It will be good to have something to use when coming back next time.
 This is the second pair of socks made this weekend.
I used Viking Sports  and is a wonderfull yarn to knit with.
 As I told you yesterday the weather has not been on its best. 
So between showers I step outdoor for a walk. 
Yesterdays scoop was the veiw of this couple of eagles. 
Too early for nesting so they just "hang" out together and flew in swirls to hit more hight.
 Being brougt up  in a coastal city in Nother Norway , weather has always been as issue and the talk of the day. Since the weather was bad yesterday- it is great today. 
Sun is shining. The snow is mowed off the deck and I am off to sitt for a while in the sun. 
Fresh and crisp air and spring like sounds of water drippling off the roof is calming to listen to.
I wish you all a fine monday.

1 comment:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

I love the little Easter Egg Outhouse ! Really cute and the yarns looks nice. Both pairs of socks are nice. I luv, luv, luv the slippers in their Easter egg colors. Enjoy your day !