First I have to say thanks to Ulla and Carolyn for your comments. So nice to know that someone do read my ramblings. I also know that it is summer and we all do other stuff and we do take blog breaks. Summer, summer. Time to collect memories and to reflect on other memories.
---------------------------------
We´ve been up north again- on the island where the old house is. The old "Nordlandshus" that´s been in the family for ages.
Also we are so very lucky that we have the Hurtigruten -ship that sails along the Norwegian coast from Bergen to Kirkenes.
Here where we are, in Nesna, it arrives at 06 in the morning on it´s way north and at 11 am. on it´s way south.
Down below you see "Kong Harald" ( King Harald) coming to the dock at 11. Love to see this fine ship coming in and the way it hunks it´s horn. I feel it deep down in my bones where it wibrates. mmmm
What you see of the weather is how it was almost every day for 3 weeks....
Did not matter at all since we worked inside for several hours every day.
Ceiling, windows, walls and floors was painted and now we´re almost there we can use the bedrooms...
Next summer we can put out the old funitures and more people can use the house.
In another year a bathroom will be in place ( that will be a luxury itself)
We decided to keep the colors in light blue. Pale blue is a color very often used in old houses on this coast. The reason can be many, but the main reason is that it keeps the flies away!! Flies don´t like this bright pale blue.
Below you can see the difference in the ceiling - white and almost 50 year old white gone yellow. The walls where a deep coral and the floors / doors brown.
Now it turned out fresh og delicate and suits the old furnitures.
Love how the house comes back to life again. Next year hopefully, we can bring in some of the old furnitures that´s stored away while we remodel all the rooms
Almost 4 rooms are in place. Some is missing as you can see: Window sills, cornices and baseboards. That job is for a another family member to put on ; )
I painted the ceiling, walls, door and the floor. The floor is in a color called "Gustaviansk grey" I love this color combo.
We put in a pull-out sleeping sofa in a red color and will decorate and put up curtains next summer. Also you can see how close the sea is...only 25 meters away . One can hear the waves when window is open. Sooo good to sleep when listening to that kind of music.
Outside some lupins. Not much where in bloom this year because of the cold weather.
No raspberries, not much at all.
Lot of old furniture is hidden away. This headboard is a treasure . Not sure what we´ll do with it , but something for sure.
Old boxes that used to contain tea.
Anthriscus sylvestris is THE most elegant weeds. Growing willingly everywhere. Must admit that cutting grass and keeping a garden has not been prioriticed.
Yet a midnight hour to show. Dark cloads but some pink is shining through.
Finally the old blue bench. One is taken inside to the kitchen- the other one is still in the boathouse. Waiting for better days.
My knitting bag and knitting gear fitts perfectly .
Calmness to the eye. We worked several hours every day but there was time to knit abit after dinner while listening to the radio. No tv. No internet.
Several dish cloths is knitted this summer. A perfect way of using some of my stash yarn... A dear friend of mine visited from Denmark and after getting some blueberrie jam out of my secondary fridge she came up the stairs with open mouth and almost drewling: " holy cow you got alot of yarn down there Beate" Yes I do!! therefor I have to knit like h... so I can get some new yarn...I have been very good not buying yarn this last year. Must knit some more to get rid of it.. luxury problems right?
Anyway! Think I knitted 8 in total.
Can not help smiling when I thinking of how wonderful they look in the drawer.
I made one very cute one and will show you tomorrow. Now it´s too dark for a photoshoot.







No comments:
Post a Comment