Even though we have had alot of rain this summer, the sun surprises us from time to time with a gorgeous ending of the day. Perfect sight for the eye after a very grey and wet day.
Guess what?! Socks on needles again. Could not resist it any longer. I casted on the socks in the car when I left nothern part of Norway. This pair will be off the needles by the end of the day tomorrow. A 4 hour long flight tomorrow helps.
The yarn by the way is some cheap sockyarn from a local grocery store in Denmark.
The yarn has varying quality. It gets rather thin at some places and thicker at others.
Therefor I knitted the heal in double yarn. Why do the job and get holes in the heal right away??
Back to my dishcloths ( last time- promise) 8 in total.
At the end I had only left overs of different colors and I mixed them up .
I startet to crochet some squares and decided to knit around them-
very soon I got hooked on the idea of making an owl.
I used my hook and made chain stiches to make the beak and the claws.
Silly I know. I had a good time making them.
So this day I packed my suitcase again. Going to Portugal, Algarve, to get some sun and warmth. It will be sooooo nice to just relax, read a book or two, get some tan and see something else than rain!!
Only thing left is packing a knitting project . What I will bring I don´t know, only it have to be light and small.
Socks??????
3 comments:
Love the sock - I sometimes buy that sort of yarn too, mostly in Holland. The owl is very sweet! And yes, socks, bring socks to Portugal ;-) Have a lovely break, hope the weather's good - we had a glorious week, today it's raining again :-(
Hello Beate ! I love the socks. The color is lovely. I like the owl also. I'm excited for your trip to Portugal. I went over twenty years ago and loved it !
I brought too much sockyarn , really!! And I did not finish up the pair. Im almost at the heal on second. The trip was great. More about it later on
Post a Comment