17 November, 2012

Advent Calender

 The Advent Calender is a thing that I´ve done all the years for my kids. A thing I had when I was a little girl and passed on to my kids. 
We start december 1 th. Little things. And it can change from year to year. 
To day I shopped for little gifts  ( 24 x 4 !!) Two of my kids do live by them selves so thats easy. They need alot ;)
 Among what I did get was this cool bag .
..... and some X-mas stuff 
 I found something for my self as well. Cute, cute, cute.
 I also casted off a pair of fingerless mittens.
 This pair is for a  colleage at work
 For the rest of the saturday evening is time to our selves. The youngsters in the house is out with friends and will not be back until tomorrow.
Me and my man are enjoying this unexpected time alone ( it´s almost like a date , you know ;) 
And at the moment he is making dinner in the kitchen and I am blogging here. 
Also we are preparing for a  trip to Sweeden tomorrow- a Auction. 
Picking up 3 paintings from last Auction 2 weeks ago and will see if we can get our fingers on some nice Sweedish porcelain or an old side table. There are some aquarells as well that are interesting.
When all this is said , what comes to my mind is I need a knitting to bring.
Need to dig in the stash right away ;)


3 comments:

Caroline said...

We always had advent candles that we'd light when I was a kid, but I was never too good with Advent with my kids. We'd buy the little calendars with chocolate behind each door, and that was fun. Maybe when we have grandchildren, I'll get it together enough to be as organized as you are:)

Torhild said...

Caroline: This is the ultmative cosy time for us Scandinavians. Advent og Jul.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Gosh I love your blog Beate ! I have always wanted to do a advent calendar. How nice, maybe next year ??? I love those mitts also. Very nice also for the spring.