Last years last project. Half mittens useable as wristwarmers too.
I startet several projects with this yarn, which is Fortissima Socka/ from Schoeller und Stahl.
This yarn looks gorgeous in the ball, and not that gorgeous when knitted. Hmmm Funny how that can fool you right?
As I said I´ve started several ithems with this yarn and frogged every single one of them.
Why you ask? -Well , nothing looked good when I knitted it. I tired different laces, cables. In the end I decided that stockinett would be the best.
This I normally would not print , but how concentrated could one look ?
hmmm 2,½ mm or 2,75mm... yarn is Alpaca from Du store alpaca. Project is a pair of half mittens for my loved one...
Gee- popping by my own blog I noticed that among the mess on the table ther´s the leftovers of chochlatte...... mmmmm I really had a good moment there ;)
Gee- popping by my own blog I noticed that among the mess on the table ther´s the leftovers of chochlatte...... mmmmm I really had a good moment there ;)
We had a full house this Christmas :) This is my four kids
Viktor, Emil, Andreas and Ann-Sofia.
They came 22nd and left 26th.
Will visit them soon in Denmark.
I hope you all had a great vacation. Restfull and peacefull.
I look forward to find inspiration among all you fine bloggers and wish you all a happy new knitting year.
6 comments:
First of all, your children are beautiful! I know people often say that to people, like what else would you say..but yours really are! Secondly, I've been there with the beautiful skein of yarn not knitting up as you would think. I had two skeins in particular that really fooled me. They were a mix of dark pink and orange, and I just loved them. When I know them into mitts, they didn't stripe at all, just flecks of color that didn't show off either color in a good light. Oh Well. I do like your mitts anyway, even if they aren't what you thought they'd be.
Sweet picture of the children and the photo of you made me laugh. Happy New Year Beate, I'm looking forward to staying in touch through our blogs again this year :-)
Happy new year to both of you Carolyn and Cybèle. I´m looking exhausted of being a hostess for 8 young people during Christmas ;) They helped alot thats true. Thanks for nice words. I for sure appresiate your "company" and your blogs. See you around ;)
They're looking all grown up! Beautful picture - we miss them!
Of course your photos are lovely ! I actually like those mitts and wow if you had a hat to match them. The colors are soothing. I love the look on your face as you're knitting with the box of chocolates just within reach ! The sofa you're sitting on is beautiful ! Very nice post Beate !
Erin: They do grow up.Emil is going on for 21!! A-S is soon 18, Andreas is 16½ and Viktor is soon 13. Carolyn: Aaaah choclatte is goooood.... the pattern on the mitts are easy and would be good on a hat- Now I´m working on a Nordic pattern.
Post a Comment