Merry Christmas to you all. This is how it looks around here at the moment. NO SNOW at all. Usually we do have some snow, but this Christmas Eve we had strong wind, rain and 7.8 plus Celsius! Still we had lots of cosyness inside.
My windowpost with some decorations.
A view of our livingroom area. As you can see we live up high on a hill side. During summer we have the pergola outside to stop the sun. Else we absolutly love sitting in our sofa and overlook the landscape. See how it changes during the seasons.
I descovered I had 4 tubes of ornament balls for the x-mas tree. I was going to put them in a glass vase, but did not have one big eough- I used a fruitbowl instead. I think it worked out fine. Love how they shine in the light.
After all the gift making ( socks, halfmittens etc) I needed a quick project that easily could be put away in a hurry. Crochet slippers. Alafos Loopi, chunky. I made two pairs.
This little cherub is worth showing off. Bought this glass cake-stand on an auction last spring in Sweeden. It works splendid to hold some of my big ornament. In fact I only uses it as a part of a table stand or so. I am not a hugh cake eater ;) Else it is really good getting some days off work. It`s been pretty busy at school with all the extra that comes along during December. On top of that I`ve also been studying and all my submissions tasks have been exepted ( 5 of them) and I`m good to go on Exam January 7th in special teaching- kids with special needs. At least that is what my superviser tells me. At the moment I`m re-reading my curriculum. It is all very interresting and the spite that it`s been YEARS since last time I had exam, I feel quiet relaxed about it. Must be the comfort of soon entering the big 50 !!
My kids are flying up from Copenhagen tonight and we will be celebrating abit christmas again for the next three days. They ordered several dishes and wants the traditional foods that comes along with the Norwegian Christmas. It sure feels good to be abel to give them some motherly nursing, even if it`s only for 72 hr. See you all in a few days. Want to show you the woolly blanket I have on my needles.






3 comments:
happy holidays to you!!!!! love your pictures and inspiration!!!
xxxxooo
What a homey Christmas you have. Your kids will love being home with all your holiday cheer and cooking!
Good luck on your exams. I don't think I'll ever be able to take exams without being nervous.
Thank you so much for greetings. happy holidays to both of you- alittle belated. And a wish of a peacefull 2014. I`ve been so busy studying that I hardly had time to blog. It has been a very busy fall. Love to visit your blogs again. It will be a bit air in my scedual the coming months until next exam in may.tudeloo
Post a Comment