11 February, 2008

Embossed and Wollmeise

wollmeise
I kept the promise I made last week- this sock would be history by the end of the week-end.
Did some good work on cuff and heel friday night.
Saturday was dentist day for my kids , so I nearly finnished it exept of 2 rows- 1½ hr. full knitting, watching the kids going in and out.


The yarn is (i think- ) Lornas laces(?) .
Can not remember and the tag is gone, gone- I mentioned it earlier in this blog- the colours is completly different in the skein and when winded up-
Almost like a candy. The pattern is Wollmeise, designed by Monica Jines .

The pattern is for free, but where I got it is a another story. Some where out there in blogland.On my printed version there is no clue what so ever on what website. Sorry

Embossed Leaves Socks
Embossed leaves socks have been finnished for some months now.
They where one of my July projects- holiday knitting.
Very fun making, easy, love the yarn wich is Natures Palette´s from Hand Jive, colour is yesterdays wine-
The skeins was purchased in a tiny yarn store in Toronto- on the Beaches.
Yummy store.
the colour does fade in wash and is much lighter now after only 2 washes-
But still very shiny.
They are knitted on needle 3mm- but are a little too big.
slightly , not much .
I have two skeins in a beatiful green colour in same brand and will go lower on needle size.





The pattern is from Favorite Socks , Interweave.
Designed by Mona Schmidt.
Easy and at the same time a little challenging.










It is truly a lovley pattern.




2 comments:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

The wollmeise socks are very nice but ooooooohhhh!, the Embossed Leaf socks are to die for !!! Nice color choice also !!!

Torhild Reidardatter said...

The Embossed Leaves sock is definitely a pattern that deserves a another try.