25 May, 2009

I do have more to say.......

I wasn´t really finished with telling you all about 17 of May- our constitution day-
I have lots of pic. of these folks suits people where wearing.
Bunader they are called and each district in Norway has its own suit/dress

These two ladies is wearing the Romerike bunaden , which is from the area I visited.
My area bunad is this- from Nordland , they come in blue or green.I have a green one under progress- It is such a expensive thing that I wanted to be sure that I could fit in to it and decided to wait until I was done being pregnant.. I am done,, but the dress is still on its way.
Mine will be a green one since that´s the one representing the inner district ( woods & montains) - outher district is blue ( sea, sky)

Also
flowers is ones of my passions during may- everything is blooming and I have a hard time taking my eyes off it all. I enjoy the sight and the smell.
These are one of my garden favorite bushes. The smell is unbelieveable.

Lupins.
The picture speaks for it self.
I love them.

I do knit among all my sniffing at flowers.
This is a second try on "clara" by Karin V.Mathiesen.
Purchased at Sommerfuglen
a while ago. I started the thing, but by mistake I made a vest instead. What about reading the pattern before I have a go at it? Yakk... But now Ihave the right amount of stiches and is doing the skirt for the dress.
Yarn is the lovley Isager 2- 50/50 Alpaca and wool in the color 019- the best glacier / ice color blue.

6 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

De norske folkedragter er saa fantastisk flotte, og det er dejligt at saa mange holder traditionen i live :-)
Mine blomster skal forresten blive til et stoerre taeppe - der gaar nok nogle aar foer det er faerdigt, men pyt med det :-)
kh
Angelika

cici said...

Thanks for the history lesson on some of Norway's traditions. I love all your flowers♥ Can't wait to see clara all finished

Alicia said...

Your pics of your traditional dress are nice. Love the flower pics, I am super crappy at photo taking,
Looking forward to seeing your finished garment.

Charlotte Lygaard Lintrup said...

Det bliver spændende med din bunad, og jeg vil meget gerne se den, når den er færdig. Du ved, at jeg er meget interesseret i den slags håndarbejde. Angående dit billede af blomsterne fra busken i din have. Jeg er ret sikker på, at det er en Spirea-busk, du viser. Ja, de dufter dejligt, og er samtidig smukke at se på.

Unknown said...

Fint at du skriver om bunadene, de er jo så fine. Veldig fint strikketøy du har begynt på, det blir fint å se ferdig. :-)

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Thank you all for nice and cosy comments. When ( and if) I finish my bunad I most surten will show it.