12 March, 2010

A Common (Cuckoo) Female

On this perticular morning I felt a sudden urge to NOT wear my boots on today.
A stubborn ,( childish maybe) fight agains king winter .
But today I just had to do something different to change the bad day I had yesterday!
See: it seemed like all the kids at school had gone crazy- Climbing in the curtains crazy!!
Was totally wasted last night- and school work continued several hours last night with calling parents, other teachers. I had 4 different conflicts to solve,( sort of)
So thats why I had to wear my silver shoes :-)
They was going to be my lucky charm this friday.

They kind of did. This day ended good ( not super , but ok)- I turned around that bad situation from yesterday ( couse they kind of was in the same mood today too, those kids)
I made a choise and I succeded in making a good day for the kids and me.
Now, hours later, at home I was cleaning floors and airing out the kitchen and livingroom and a familiar sound came to my ears.
Cuculus Canors- or a Common Cuckoo made its singing. Cuckoo! Cuckoo!
As a child this Cuckoo was the first signal of spring and the first sign of it being that warm outside that we could not wear that much clothes on and only small socks in our crocks ( made out of wood back then).
Basicly it ment summer----- almost. So that was why I felt the urge to wear my silver shoes today:-)
Have a wonderfull weekend, crafting

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fint når man hører gjøken. Jeg har ikke hørt den ennå, men det er vår i luften. Jeg sa at ungene kunne få lov å gå i støvler og jakke å slippe kjeledressene i. En av elevene mine kom inn og sa- det er en som sier du er helt gal. Jeg spurde hvorfor er jeg gal da. - jo, fordi du lar oss gå i støvler og jakke.
:))

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

It's amazing what the wonders of putting on a pair of silvers shoes can do !!! I love them and the photos are beautiful as always !!!

Caroline said...

Yes, those shoes do like they have the powers to make a good day although I think your powers of positive thinking sound awfully powerful too:)

Torhild Reidardatter said...

thanks for kind words :-)ladies.