04 November, 2012

Tossed Kathmandu


A cowl is off the needles. Yarn is Kathmandu Aran from Queensland Collection.
Containing 85 % merino, 10% silk and 5% cashmere. Color is 115- a beautiful green color.
 This yarn has a story. I´ve tried to knit different objects with this yarn.
First a hat. NOT good!! the knitting fabric got flat, boring and no elastisy at all.
Can not recall what else other that I was that mad at it, that I tossed it. 
The next day I actually picked it up again and packed it away. Far away. 
I could not just get rid of it. I thought that there must be something I could knit with this yarn. The something I had in my mind was a cushin. And maybe a cowl. I used 3 balls of Kathmandu for this cowl. Two turns around the neck.
There will be more cowls. I have balls in a bordoux and some in a teal green  almost greyish). X-mas gifts maybe?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Again socks! Do not know why I have to have socks on the needles all the time, but that´s how it is. 2 weeks without sock knitting and I found myself thinking of socks in a lace pattern with a nice colored yarn. 
Do you crave for sock knitting? I guess that some of us just have to knit socks .

 This yarn is a gift from my german AFS daughter´s mom.  It is  a colorfull yarn, therefor I decided not to knit in lace. 
As always I have a ball left, not sure how many grams, but enough to knit a pair  of childrens socks. 
 More projects on it´s way of various kind ( X-mas gifts) 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The otherday I went to Sweeden for a quick buy. 
At Kremmerhuset I picked up these coasters with dragonflies. Perfect for what my mind  wants at the moment. Recently I bought  a scarf ( wool and silk) with the same pattern, dragonflies.
 Also I got a little crazy with X-mas ornaments. Fly agaric. Looks soooo cute. Can´t wait till the end of November and decorating time.
 Last year I got my hands on a  baby blue owl. This year I found this Mr:
A weekend is over. Sunday nights are quiet. I´m preparing for a workday tomorrow. 
I will be watching Downton Abbey and get early to bed. 
To all of you: thanks for stopping by and have a good one.

6 comments:

LeslieA said...

Your cowl looks lovely and cosy and the the colour is very pretty.

Caroline said...

Love the colorful yarn! I usually have some socks on my needles too, but I haven't lately. I'm going to have to take care of that.

Cybèle said...

Didn't realise you were a Downton fan! Did you watch series 3 then? Love the yarn of the socks... (and the Christmas decorations)

Torhild said...

Nooooo- we´re only on series 2( I think....) - Sybil just died in childbirth .
I´m very much in love with that green color on the cowl. Love the tweed look ;) Thank you all for nice compliments

Monique said...

That green cowl is gorgeous!

Torhild said...

Thanks Monique ;) I think so too. Maybe thats what kept me from tossing the yarn. It is not good to knit with :o