19 September, 2013

Time stealer

Once again it is time to say goodbye to the Summer and hello fall.
This sunset was a stunning one in late August.

 Mornings at the moment looks like this:
 Fog playing along the river down under.
Daytime usually looks like this:
 We`we had a looong summer. August streched itself into September and only this Sunday we could realy feel the fall. My pathio looks like this:
Pine needles all over! I know I will have to  do some gardening this weekend. This fellow can not survive even the slighets frost. And frost is coming.... only 4 celsius this morning.
As I mentioned schoolyear has begun. New year. A slightly different scedual this year for me.
I split myself on two students / two classes. Not easy I can tell you that. 
Feel I do each half way :(
Anyway that is how it works. I am lucky to have a 100% position at the school. 
Good part is I get to help in craft classes . 
My own crafting has been socks ( nothing new there)
This pair is of solid sock wool and already given away as a gift.
 This pair is Harry Potter socks. Or the color is Dombledore. Made for a girl and ment to be part of X-mas gifts.
 I wanted to knit something for my oldes son. I forced him to look through my pattern collection and he decided on this one.
Cortina sweather was made for the OL in Cortina, Italy in 1956.
I`m glad he chose this. It is a nice sweather.
I use Alaska yarn from Garnstudio/Drops.
I may have mentioned that we moved around with almost all our furnichairs this summer. Downstairs to upstairs. Upstairs to downstairs. 
We ( us adults in the house) moved up! All that moving around gave us a bedroom ( bigger ), Office area, A office ( for my husband) and a guestroom/ "my" room ;)
 Not quiet finished yet, but I`m getting there.
All my crafting is now merged in to one room (aaah feels so d...n good ) I will make room for my knitting but have to get rid of all the bags on the floor first :o
Getting there, getting there. There is not much spare time left after work . I started to study 
special education  & social pedagogy. Those two subjects just took away most of my spare time. 
Will be good though , to study and get some papers on what I know so much of. This is what I have been working with all these last 10 years. Kids with learning disabilities. 
Well , hope to show you more knitting soon- I am off to make dinner and pick up husband at the trainstation.
Have a good one everyone.

4 comments:

Cybèle said...

Husband?! what news have I missed?! (congratulations!!)

strikkeforsker said...

Beautiful pictures. Congrats on a personal craft room, they are very good for ones mental health.

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Aaah you didn`t miss anything. Still not married, but still is mine ( my husband ;)

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Crafting & guest room- but still it`s mine ;) Haven`t done anything in there yet. Been busy studying and nursing flue symtphomes ;(